Keep New Zealand honest.
We are strong and vocal advocates of fair and transparent employment relations and believe that workplace interactions must be mutually beneficial to employers and team members alike.
The New Zealand government and wider society prides itself on upholding a high standard of employment law and worker's rights .
We believe that employers and businesses have a significant role to play in maintaining these standards and must practice corporate responsibility.
At Silver Fern Recruitment, we only work with employers that practice fairness, equal opportunity, and transparency in their business processes.
Employment New Zealand provides a good summary of what it means to uphold your obligations as a New Zealand employer:
- Pay employees what their employment contract states, and at least the legal minimum wage.
- Give the employee at least four weeks’ annual holidays.
- Give the employee the day off on 11 public holidays or give them an alternative holiday if they work, if it is a normal working day for them.
- Pay at least time and a half if an employee works on a public holiday.
- Give employees at least five days’ sick leave per year.
- Act in good faith and with honesty.
- Provide a safe workplace.
- Do not deduct money from wages unlawfully.