KEEP NEW ZEALAND TICKING.
We are strong and vocal advocates of fair and transparent employment relations and believe that workplace interactions must be mutually beneficial to employers and team members alike.
Like employers, employees also have obligations to uphold. Apart from bringing your A-Game to work, it is also important for you to play your part in maintaining a fair and transparent workplace. That includes abiding by New Zealand employment law, speaking up against workplace injustice, and being accountable for your own behaviour.
Employment New Zealand provides a good definition of what it means to uphold your employee obligations:
- Go to work at the agreed time.
- Do what your employer asks you to do.
- Use your skills and knowledge and personal characteristics to do your work.
- Do your work with care.
- Behave reasonably.
- Act in good faith and with honesty.
- Keep yourself and others safe when you are at work.